here's to living in a swing state. jigggggggga!
first off, can i say that i don't believe that i got to see a full jay-z concert FOR FREE. i mean, wow. he played over an hour and half straight full of all of his hits - and he has a lot of them.
being a huge jay-z and general hip hop fan this concert was something that i needed to attend regardless of my political views.
some of you know that i'm a republican, i mentioned it here on my blog a while ago. but on the other side of the coin i've been vocal about the fact that although i am a republican i'm not sold on the mccain/palin ticket. mccain, i've liked you for a very very very long time - but i'm having issues voting for you because of who you chose for your running mate. seriously, why palin?!? ugh.
now i'm no where near changing my party affiliation - no way. but i'm still confused, there is just so much propaganda flying around - it's hard to wade through it all. maybe obama is the change we need? or is it mccain? hrrrrrumph.
ok, enough of this political gibberish onto the amazing event that was the jay-z concert.
my partners in crime for the evening were muffin, court, donkers and nameless. (sidenote: seeing nameless at a hip hop show was the funniest thing EVER). we didn't really know what to expect in the concert - like was jay going to perform two songs and be done? thankfully that wasn't the case and we got a full show.
obviously jay-z is and icon, he's got that classic swagger, an amazing performer and basically a hip hop god. so many hip hop concerts are lame - but not HOVA, he done and brought it (and a live band) to cleveland and the fans appreciated it
so here's my experince/observations in list form:
- lebron should stick to playing basketball, he's not a rapper or a dancer. you don't see jay-z going out there trying to play hoops. also, he sounded waaaaaay drunkie, hope he doesn't blow cavs game tonight cause he's hungover.
- mayor frank jackson totally got booed by the crowd when he got on stage
- no one was drinking but my group, which was odd - i mean it's a concert!
- out of 14,000 people in attendance there were only approximately 257 white people
- everyone was smoking
- lots of roc signs being thrown, bounce baby
- jay-z saying "girl, you're cute - don't tell my wife though"
- you still can still dance in stadium seating
- some of the most ridiculous outfits i have EVER seen in my life
- everyone in the crowd knew every word, to every song
- i will pay a lot of money to see jay-z perform again in the future
after the show it's the after party and after the party it's the view. the place was packed as expected for the eighty81 after party but we still managed to run into some friends, make a few new friends and even got a picture with a rapper.
the boys from fresco goods rockin' their wares - they're fellow UD graduates too.
muffin, rapper al fatz and court. his song was my myspace profile song for EVER.
once our feet started ti hurt and lebron decided to not make an appearance we knew it was time to go home, but not without a panini's stop. delish.
talk about a nice wednesday huh?