i'm sure you get the picture... moving on. so i got the letter G. which is well, great, grand, good. and glorious.
side note: if you want to participate, leave a comment on this post and i will assign you a letter (make sure i have your email). you then write about 10 things you love that begin with your assigned letter and post them on your blog. when people comment on your posted list, you give them a letter and the chain continues on and on.
now, may i present you with a blog post sponsored by the letter G
1. google - this one is filed under the obvious category. how can you not love google? think about it, if it wasn't for google i wouldn't have this blogging platform, my google reader, gchat, gmail, and let's not forget to mention that it's a fabulous
2. the gap - for almost 5 years of my life i worked at the gap in belden village mall in canton which actually ended up closing last year - r.i.p. gap. obviously it was a big part of my life and i may or may not have been obsessed with the company. these days i probably enjoy banana republic more but you simply can't go wrong with a pair of gap jean and a favorite tee. oh! and i can't forget their ads both tv and print, they've had some great campaigns over the years.
3. garlic - if i had to choose only one seasoning to cook with for the rest of my life i would choose this fabulous bulb. roasted, diced, chopped, powdered, and whole - garlic is the base for almost everything i cook. the more the better.
4. guitar hero - somehow even though i don't own a gaming system to allow me to play guitar hero on a regular basis i am AMAZING at this game. i can just pick up and play the hard level i can only imagine how good i would be if i could practice. it would be bad if i did have one though because i would get nothing else done in my life except play guitar hero.
5. geisen haus - this is my all time favorite bar in canton/north canton, actually probably my favorite bar ever. it's a dive and a half, but with great food, a great jukebox and peanuts and popcorn all over the floor.
this place has given me too many fond memories to count. at the height of my friends and i frequenting "the haus" we owned the place, going there almost daily (oh to be young). i even got the owner to special order me miller high life cause they didn't carry it, it was my own secret stash. also, i found out that once i moved up to cleveland they stopped carrying rasberri stoli because no one drank it but me.
my german stein still hangs on the wall behind the bar with "sexy lexy" engraved on it.
6. gerard butler - i think the picture speaks for itself, such a hot manly man. growl.
7. guns and roses - who hasn't danced around fists in the air to some classic GN'R? welcome to the jungle, sweet child of mine, patience and paradise city - love. although the honorable G musician mention must go to genesis.
when i look into your eyes...
8. groundhog day - "phil? phil connors? phil connors, i thought that was you!" - this is one of my all time favorite movie comedies. bill murray's got me babe.
9. the giving tree (by shel silverstein) - this is my favorite book of all time. if you aren't familiar with the children's story it's about giving till you can't give anymore and doing it all for the person that you love. it's the tale of ultimate sacrifice and even thinking about the book i get that "oh shit i'm gonna cry" burning behind my eyes. it's just such a beautiful story. if someone ever gave me an autographed copy of the giving tree i would melt.
"once there was a tree... and she loved a little boy"
10. greece - for those of you new to my blog i'm greek! 100% greek actually, which basically means i was raised in the greek orthodox church and have a big fat greek family with lots of relatives named nick and gus. also, being greek means that not only do i have a dark complexion, but it also means that i have big boobs and a butt.
OPA! OPA! OPA! - honorable G mention: GYRO'S, duh.
and yes, i was in a greek dance troupe when i was younger, and i will be breaking plates at my wedding.
annnnnnnnnnd i'm done. have a good weekend kids!