another alcohol free weekend has come and gone, AND my apartment is still clean. score.
i partook in a girls dinner at luxe in the detroit shoreway neighborhood where i enjoyed another warm spinach salad with an egg on top just like the one i had at roast a few weeks back. i'm 100% ok with this salad becoming a trend because i absolutely love it.
the other portion of my weekend was filled with shopping at both beachwood place and great northern, i'm bipartisan when it comes to the east and west side of cleveland. i had my list of things that i wanted and about 80% of them got crossed off.
which got me thinking of how i'm constantly making to do lists in both my personal and professional life. i prefer old school style written out on an actual piece of paper, how great is it when you get to physically cross something off your list?
i've been known to even write something on a list that i know i've recently done, to still have the satisfaction of crossing it off. yup, i'm mental.
while most lists are completely attainable it doesn't hurt to have a wish list every once in awhile.
so i decided to write out a wish list of things i want in my future mate other than the obvious, good family/friends, stable job/income, funny/smart, respects me. but who doesn't won't those things? that's pretty standard.
here's my ideal man wish list:
- dark hair. this isn't a deal breaker but it's pretty damn close.
- be able to understand that i'm independent and have my own friends. he's not responsible for my social calendar and life, but he wants to be a major part of it and vice versa
- can drink for twelve hours straight. knowing how to pace himself during an all day fun fest is key. if we want to head home early for sexy time well that's another story.
- appreciates good music but isn't such a music snob that he can't have a blast at a cover band show
- can sit through a double header trip to the movie theater on a sunday (paying for the second feature is optional)
- understands that while i like to go out, i'm just as happy staying in
- doesn't mind going to 3842 weddings a year with me
- not only can he laugh at me but with me.
- has read the giving tree
- makes me laugh till i snort
- treats bartenders/servers with respect and tips well, is the same way with the elderly (minus the tipping of course)
- can get used to my freakishly thick glasses when i don't have my contacts in
- enjoys witty banter
- wouldn't mind having a son named anthony
- knows every word to at least one michael jackson, led zepplin, billy joel, jay-z, heart, and beatles song
- he loves everything that he hates about me
a girl can dream.
so what's on your ideal wish list for a mate?