after five days and four nights in the big apple i'm EXHAUSTED. i don't remember the last time i went out and drank my face off three nights in a row, but i'm happy to report i can still hang with the cool kids.
so since 90% of recap blog posts suck i'm going to try to make this as easy to read as possible, with bullet points and pictures - unfortunately upon looking at my camera i realized that i took a total of 5 pictures my entire trip. recap blog FAIL - oops. moving on...
- i love my sister nicolette (who lives in nyc), for hosting me at her upper eastside apartment. also, props and thanks to her roommates for letting me take over their apartment for four nights.
- court, muffin, and the klutz got in on thursday and we kicked off our trip with dinner at gemma in the bowery hotel, classic italian at it's best.
- trying to go to an exclusive nyc club without a reservation won't get you anywhere but the club next door that's less exclusive - which is 100% fine.
- fresh blueberries in my blueberry stoli is better than no blueberries at all
- shopping at stores in the west village with $700 cotton dresses isn't fun when you can't afford said $700 dresses
- eli zabar has the best salad bar and prepared food spread ever
- only in nyc is dinner at 10pm on a friday night normal
- if you ever have the opportunity to drink and dine at stanton social in the lower east side take it. and while you are there order the french onion soup dumplings - damn gina, those are some good shit.
- meeting chris, ari and johnpaul for dinner at stanton social was a most excellent time - they are seriously awesome people and i'm really glad we got to hangout. but just don't trust jp with a chicken wing and a balcony seat, someone could get hurt...
jp, ari and chris at some bar near stanton social that i don't remember the name of, i blame the tequila for my lapse in memory
- if there was a 24 hour duane reade next to my apartment like there is next to my sister's i would buy oreos at 4am every weekend
- i could eat pinkberry every single day. i wonder how much a pinkberry machine costs and if it could fit on my kitchen counter.
- a pre fixe dinner at casa la femme, an egyptian eatery in the west village was a delicious final meal. mango martinis, lemon/lime champagne, belly dancers and our own tent created the mood for continuing debauchery
- if you beg and promise to duck your head down a cabbie will take 5 passengers instead of 4
- using a fireplace as your dance stage is completely normal and encouraged
- two people sleeping in a twin bed doesn't remind me of anything other than college dorm life
- i could live in nyc, maybe i'll move when i'm 30 changing my blog name in the process - it could happen.
- work? what? i have to go back to work tomorrow morning? what the.... shit, time for bed.