so much to write about.
i just got home from a very fun blogger dinner at the greenhouse tavern with my fellow cleveland bloggers allison, michelle, amelia, and new blog friends devra and sarah who were road tripping through our fair city en route to the '09 blogher convention in chicago.
as always we were taken very good care of at the greenhouse, with ample amounts of food (try the new gnocchi dish for something amazing) and great company (i love my blosse) i forgot about how ridiculously tired i was from this past saturday and sunday debauchery.
when i wrote this post sunday night i was pretty much deliriously tired and unable to form a full sentence and here's why:
saturday afternoon when i was supposed to be at a wedding i participated in a bike ride patio bar crawl that my friend cubby organized instead. the concept was pretty literal to the title we road our bikes to various patios in cleveland for a beer, or five.
if you followed me on twitter this weekend you got all of my location updates but for the rest of you the route that myself, muffin, cubby, martha, hatchel and court took is as follows.
1. left from my apartment downtown with court and hatchel riding to southside in tremont. ate some lunch and i discovered the stupid good leinenkugel summer shandy. three beers at the first stop is always the best idea.
2. biked to the harp for more leinenkugel but this time it was of the summer wheat variety that we ghetto made into the summer shandy by adding lemonade. we knew what we wanted. it was here that we also learned that muffin "keepsherbikelockedup"
3. headed to stone mad pub, which is beautiful by the way if you haven't checked it out - where we made friends with a gentleman named vinnie (i think?) and where the following picture was taken.
4. next stop reddstone in battery park where we drank more, grabbed a snacky and had out first shot of vodka. at this time i think we were all getting a little loopy and i thought it would be a great idea to take a video while riding a bike.
here's the set up - all day we had been changing the words to the now famous youtube video i'm on a boat to say "i'm on a bike" - well that became the theme of our day as we tried to be drunken white rappers.
warning: there's a few f-bombs in this video, it goes with the song, and me almost falling off my bike. you'll have that, but i PROMISE i don't curse like this normally.
i'm on a bike.
5. up until now the bike rides had been fairly short, our butts were beginning to hurt but the alcohol eased the pain. the next stop had a bit longer of a distance attached to it though as we were starting to make our trek out west. the girls stopped at twist social club and the boys went to el jalapeno around the corner for shots of tequila.
6. this next ride made me want to shoot myself. not only was i now drunk but i had to ride my bike from twist to around the corner in lakewood which took 35 minutes. for those of you that know cleveland, you can understand my pain. but we made it, barely, and retired our bikes for the evening.
lesson learned, bike riding patio bar crawls are fun as hell but next time we need to stick to certain neighborhoods and not trek across town.
UPDATE: maxie made a request in the comments to see the map of all the bar locations and how far it actually was - you can view our bike route here!
by now it was 9pm and we got a late dinner at ATC, met up with more of our friends, watched some weird and creepy hermit crab race, drank multiple shots and had our ears bleed from a crappy cover band. right as "club ATC" was about to be in full effect we made a move to lakewood riviera.
there were some rousing renditions of multiple songs from our group like cubby singing "how bizarre" and court singing "build me up buttercup" - but at this time in the night i think we were all lucky to be standing let alone carrying a tune.
drinking from 2pm to 2am will do that to you.
fast forward to noon on sunday and i already have a mimosa in my hand as we are at southside (again) celebrating julie's birthday.
it was the taste of tremont this past sunday and in comparison to going to the event in years past this was by far the biggest turn out which is such a a great thing for one of my favorite neighborhood in the city of cleveland.
with stops at lago, 806, fahrenheit and the majority of our time being spent at the treehouse patios we didn't stop (again). i don't know how our old bones did it, but sunday turned into such an amazing day for us, so much fun.
writing this post made me tired, yet happy, that the city i live in allows me to have such fun adventures with my friends no matter what damage it does to my bank account.
i love cleveland.