if you are looking for a daddy downer post today you have absolutely come to the wrong blog because i have nothing but awesome things to report.
actually, now that i think about it this is going to be the most sugary sweet happy post i have ever written for a few major reasons.
1. today's my birthday!! goodbye 28, hello 29 - let's go ahead and agree to make this a stellar year ok?
2. i'm 20SB's featured blogger!! <--- is a HUGE honor for me, because not only do i have some amazing company in my fellow featured bloggers, but with a member count of over 6,800 bloggers in 20SB i can't even mentally wrap my head around the fact that i have been given this honor. thank you so much to those who voted for me, seriously.
plus, i'm going to enjoy seeing that picture of my fat head on the 20SB homepage for the month of july.
3. i'm not working today or tomorrow which allows me to sleep in, go shoe shopping and get a manicure and pedicure.
4. i came home last night to a "loaded" birthday card from my yiayia and a bottle of champagne and chocolates from georgia peach and nameless - so amazing. although i wish georgia was here to drink the champagne with me.
5. i have amazing plans for tonight including a party with all my best friends and family at the greenhouse tavern where i will be drinking my face off and making bad decisions because i can do whatever i want to because it's my birthday.
i can't help but feel happy and loved today, it's like i have a permanent smile on my face!
and each and everyone of you reading this has had something to do with putting that permi-smile on my face today, and for that i thank you.
have a fabulous holiday weekend everyone - ALEXA OUT! (<-- that's for you jess)
[editors note: today is the last day to enter my stove monkey's t-shirt giveaway contest. comment here to enter!]