i've decided to start my new year's resolutions a little early this year - this past monday in fact.
because why wait till january 1st?
when you're ready, you're ready - no reason to put off the inevitable.
you see i have a lot of things to look forward to and prepare for in 2010:
1. going to salt lake city, utah AND the sundance film festival in park city, utah end of january to see georgia peach, nameless and big pete
2. the first annual fluorescent february party (invites to come, but save the date for february 20th cleveland people!!)
3. jumpback ball at playhouse square, i.e. a good excuse to buy a new fancy dress
4. heading to scottsdale, arizona in march for tigger's bachelorette party with 10 of my college besties
5. traveling to pittsburgh more times than i can count for teen's bridal shower in march, bachelorette party soon there after and wedding in april that i'm honored to be a bridesmaid in!
6. a week in southern california in june for tigger's wedding and then further exploring the region
7. my 30th the beginning of july
that's a lot of stuff to be excited for - some are happening as soon as two months and some are a bit farther off, but regardless of when these events are going to occur i've hit a breaking point pushing me into action.
which is why i'm starting to train with overload fitness is westlake (they also have a location in beachwood).
i had my first session this past monday and holy crap am i excited to get going, specifically because the style of training they do at overload fitness is something i have never experienced before.
i'm going to be doing two sessions a week, at only 30 minutes a session with a focus on strength training in a unique environment that includes a clinically temperature controlled workout environment where my trainer says that i'm never going to sweat - well we'll just have to see about that.
i'll be sure to give you guys a status update in a couple of weeks to let you know how the training/diet is going and if i've even succeeded at my first homework assignment - eating breakfast.
i'm finally motivated people, take note.
(and wish me luck)