but i didn't say this was a bad thing... yet.
this past weekend was one of those all around great weekends in cleveland, lots of friends, lots of fun, and lots of laughs. and aside for the ridiculous humidity/heat on saturday the weather was even perfect.
so i'm pretty positive that running down my weekend for you guys play by play could be pretty boring even for my most enthusiastic
- friday my friend shibani, who recently started writing an awesome blog that you all should be reading, won an after work happy hour party at reddstone that a big group of my friends attended - read: too many to list, but y'all know the usual suspects by now.
- after a few cocktails on reddstone's patio myself, muffin, foxxy, kearns, AJP, JV and CK one all headed to harbor inn to participate in wally world II where we listened to the stone pony band and drank beers in the parking lot behind harbor inn - i.e. a lot of fun
- saturday morning after waking up too early for my own good i muscled through the morning and still completed some errands and managed to get a mani/pedi at liz nails. life is hard :)
- there's this thing called the world cup going on... heard of it? well a group of my friends met at flannery's pub for a watch party/beverages and while i'm not a crazy soccer fan by any means i'm down with anything involving a U-S-A chant. USA! USA! USA!
- after a couple hours of drinking and soccer watching it was time to head to the phish show at blossom music center, so muffin, jesse and matt swung by flannery's with a cab to pick up CK one and i to head east.
- a group of 26 people meet at our friends chris and caroline's gorgeous house in cleveland heights where a limo bus would be our sweet (hot and long) ride to blossom.
- once we arrived at blossom CK one was "looking for his miracle" but ended up just going to the box office to get his ticket because well, there were LOTS of people "looking for their miracle"...
- now this may have been my first phish show but that doesn't mean i haven't been listening to the band for awhile now. i think initially i was content with just buying the CDs in college and putting phish songs on my mixes but not actually attending the hippied out shows. i think i thought i was too much of a yuppie to go - but yeah, that's not the case anymore at all.
- i'm SO glad i went and experienced this show, did i mention we had amazing seats?
a non-zoomed in photo from our seats, these guys were killing it per usual - probs should have got a good shot of page though huh?
my show highlights:
- sample in a jar, obviously, it's a classic for me.
- suzy greenberg into waste into character zero - holy shit, holy shit, HOLY SHIT.
- my #1 highlight though was when page absolutely killed a john lennon instant karma cover. i even found a good video of the song from the show too, check it out...
"and we all shine on, like the moon and the stars and the sun"
good stuff guys, this won't be my last show.
- you would think i would want to sleep in all day sunday after my friday and saturday night escapades... well i did just that.
- i became human again in enough time for CK one and i to make it to progressive field by the 5th inning where the indians were losing but it was a beautiful day for a ballgame. so many friends were there too - from moe and mark, to frowns, to biscuit and oakes and katie and timmybennett.
- not done yet... after the indians game we headed to whisky island to enjoy the sun/lake, watch our friends play volleyball and have some beers at sunset grille while listening to reggae music and stare at uber hipsters.
soooooooooooooo have i mentioned that i love cleveland in the summer?
yeah, i'd say i'm pretty happy in CLE... i mean, how could you not when there is so much fun stuff to do?