If you've been reading this blog for any length of time you probably know of my love of the finer things in life.
What can I say, I like to buy nice stuff - I can't help it!
Some may call it excessive, but i call it happy soothing retail therapy for the soul, i.e. anyway to rationalize buying new shoes/purses/dresses/etc.
With the holiday season coming up my shopping gene goes into overdrive so when I was approached about a shopping event for charity my ears definitely perked up.
On Saturday, November 20th, from 4 to 9pm, Beachwood Place Mall is hosting the Compassion From Fashion event, a charity to benefit The Gathering Place which is a community for those touched by cancer.
For a ticket price of $20 (pre-sale purchase online) or $25 (at the door), with 100% of your ticket price going th The Gathering Place, you receive the following:
- $10 Beachwood Place gift certificate (first 500 ticket buyers)
- $10 McCormick and Schmick's dining certificate (first 500 ticket buyers)
- $10 Next gift card (first 500 ticket buyers)
- Free food from Maggiano's Little Italy - 5 stations will be set up across the mall including a make your own pasta station, salad/fruit bar, carving station, antipasto bar, and dessert station
- Exclusive retailer discounts (this is the good part...)
Now while those perks listed above are reason enough to rationalize the ticket price for charity, the big draw for me to attend this event is the SHOPPING DISCOUNTS!!!
Some of the retailer promotions that caught my attention:
- Saks Fifth Avenue, 15% off entire purchase
- Style Lounge, 40% off entire purchase
- American Eagle, 15% off entire purchase
- Bath and Body Works, $10 off purchase of $30 or more
- Eddie Bauer, 30% off entire purchase
- Express, 15% off entire purchase
- Guess and Guess by Marciano, 20% off your purchase of $100 or more
- J Jill, $20 off your purchase of $80 or more
- Mario's International Spa, purchase $100 in gift certificates receive $50 in gift certificates free
- Plus many more!
Retailers are continuing to be added, and a full list of available discounts can be found here.
Talk about being able to recoup your ticket price, I'll shop to that!!
I have a feeling I'm going to be doing a little bit of shopping damage on November, 20th to say the least.
Want to attend the Compassion From Fashion Event?
You can purchase your pre-sale tickets online, or win a pair of tickets here on the plum.
Simply leave a comment on this post telling me your favorite store in Beachwood Place and you'll be entered to win two tickets to the event AND a $50 gift card to Beachwood Place to help kick off your shopping.
Receive an extra entry by following @BeachwoodPlace on twitter, tweeting about this contest, then leaving an additional comment on this post telling me you did so.
Don't forget to leave your contact information in the comment if I don't already know how to get a hold of you.
I'll be announcing the winner Tuesday, November 16th - good luck!
We are the pioneers in providing quality 117-202 dumps and other 70-685 prep resources. Our updated 642-062 study packages are available at cheapest cost.