For over three years I've been blogging about my life in Cleveland here on the plum, but what some of you newer readers may not know is that I'm not actually from Cleveland.
I'm from Canton, Ohio which is a little under an hour south of the CLE.
And while I've grown up watching WKYC, rooting for the Browns/Cavs/Indians and spent more nights than I can count in the seats of PlayhouseSquare I didn't actually grow up in Cleveland.
Which means there's a lot of things I haven't done in this awesome city that I've called home for 4 years and 50 weeks of my life.
Sometimes I think of myself as the Milli Vanilli of Cleveland "experts" because while I've done more in my time living in Cleveland than many lifers there's soooooooooo much that I haven't checked off my Cleveland bucket list - some of which I'm actually embarrassed of never doing.
But with the new year it's time for me to make a list, a list that i need to complete by 2012...
1. Eat a pierogi at Sokolowskis
2. Visit the Great Lakes Science Center
3. See a show at the Beachland Ballroom
4. Visit the Cleveland Museum of Art
5. Go to A Christmas Story House
6. Visit the Cleveland Natural History Museum
7. Eat a cone from East Coast Custard
8. Dine at a restaurant in Little Italy, any restaurant
9. Purchase a weeks worth of groceries from The West Side Market
10. Eat a slice of pizza from Mama Santa's
anyone want to join me in and or help me cross these ten things off my list? should be fun, kids.
sidenote: if you are reading this list and think i'm missing something don't worry, i've probably already done it.