I have an event to tell you guys about today that will make all lovers of the glorious fermented grape concoction that is wine giddy with excitement.
The 6th annual Cleveland Wine Festival presented by Giant Eagle is being held Friday July 29th (4-10pm) and Saturday July 30th (3-9pm) at Voinovich Bicentennial Park in Downtown Cleveland.
The two day event features:
- Over 270 international, domestic and Ohio wines
- Belgian Beer Cafe featuring Stella Artois, Leffe and Hoegaarden
- Food from Morton's, Zinc Bistro, Angelo's Pizza, La Strada, and La Dolce Vita.
- Entertainment from Lloyd Dobler Effect and the Michael Heaton Band
- Wine education, cooking demonstrations and more
The festival's proceeds will benefit the Bright Side of the Road Foundation which is a non-profit organization started in Chagrin Falls to help find a cure for ALS/Lou Gehrig's disease.
As far as benefit pricing goes the admission tickets are very affordable in my opinion - Adult Wine Tasting Tickets are $27 in advance (purchase online here) and $35 at the door and include a souvenir wine glass and 10 tasting tickets. Additional tasting tickets can be purchased as well at Designated Driver tickets for only $10.
You also can.... wait for it...
Enter to win a pair of tickets to the Cleveland Wine Festival here on the plum!
I'm giving away two pairs of tickets to either day of the festival and you can enter to win by doing one or all of the following:
- Leave a comment on this post telling me your favorite variety of wine
- Tweet about this contest with a link back to this post, i.e. "Enter for your chance to win a pair of tickets to the @clewinefest over on @clevelandsaplum http://bit.ly/qNodxD" then leave me an additional comment telling me you did so
- Post a link to this giveaway on Facebook leaving an additional comment on this post telling me you did so
Don't forget to leave me your contact information if I don't already have it and I'll be announcing the winners in a post a week from today on Wednesday, July 27th.
Good luck to all who enter and I hope to be sipping on some vino with all of you next weekend!