Last night was gorgeous in Cleveland, the sun shined all day, I attended the Greater Cleveland Partnership Annual Meeting and crashed JoeG's dinner at The Greenhouse Tavern... but that's not the point of this post.
The point is that I've recently been reflecting on exactly how long I've been blogging (since January 1st, 2008), how many posts I've written (this is #924) and how my audience (and my writing) has evolved over the years.
More specifically how the things I wrote in 2008, I'm guessing 95% of you haven't read, so I'm going to share some random ass things about myself because I can - it's my blog after all. It's like a online getting to know you exercise...
Things you may or may not have known about me:
1. I have three 6 inch pins in my left hip holding it in place from a surgery I had in the 6th grade. This surgery also gave me a 7 inch scar down the length of my hip, sexy.
2. Less than five short years ago I was a pack a day smoker. Parliament Ultra Lights, mmm, I still get the cravings, but I'm so happy I quit. Full disclosure: I still may bum a smoke here or there when I have some cocktails in me.
3. I love Phish. I first came in contact with the band in high school, got heavier into them in college but was terrified of seeing a show or really getting into "the scene" as I always thought I was too preppy to like Phish. I just like the music, man. That being said, I'll be seeing Phish for the second time this summer and I may wear Tory Burch just to weird out the phans.
4. I can eat an entire box of cereal in one sitting. No description needed for this one, I just really like cereal.
5. I played Mrs. Banks in a version of Mary Poppins in elementary school. I also was in Bye Bye Birdie, Godspell, and Once Upon a Mattress in high school - your general choir/drama kid, I was awesome. I also may or may not have sung the Star Spangled Banner before my high school's boys basketball games.
That's it for now - anyone else feel like sharing?
Happy Thursday, kids!