My birthday is quickly approaching in about a week and a half, and while I was day dreaming about receiving presents that I'm never going to get, an article about my astrological sign, Cancer, came across my Facebook news feed.
The Frisky developed a list titled: 10 Ways To Live The Cancerian Lifestyle which upon reading, as a Cancer, I think is pretty damn accurate to the best things about me.
On the flip side, next week perhaps they'll do: "10 Way to Live With A Cancerian and Not Kill Them Because They Are So GD Moody" - I promise we aren't all rainbows and unicorns, but let's focus on the positive people.
The list, according to The Frisky:
1. Always accept and value your emotions. Honor your emotional needs by giving yourself the time to feel what you need to feel. [alexa commentary: I know what I want and I want it NOW, aka I feel like I really want this new black dress.]
2. Never pass up the opportunity to spend time with friends, family, and other loved ones. [alexa commentary: Laundry? Who needs laundry, it's time for happy hour!]
3. Have a genuine interest and concern about other people’s lives and well-being. [alexa commentary:Great, I'm glad you feel better, now, back to me]
4. Take care of people in big and small ways, whether that means bringing some chocolates to a coworker who’s having a bad day or offering your home to a friend who’s going through a breakup. [alexa commentary: Oh, your boyfriend cheats on you with a skankbot? Time for drinks and finding new boys/girls to make out with!]
5. Encourage people to talk about their feelings. [alexa commentary: Here, have another glass of bubbles, it'll be easier to talk about it, but, give me your cellphone.]
6. Turn your home into a comfy, cozy, best-vibes sanctuary. [alexa commentary: Two words people - dimmers and candles.]
7. Cook elaborate meals for your loved ones at every opportunity, even if your solo meals consist of cheese and crackers. [alexa commentary: What? You don't eat meat? That's ok, I make lamb + add wine = no one leaves my house hungry, NO ONE]
8. Honor memories and past experiences and always make time to reminisce. [alexa commentary: Time to go through the digital archives again!]
9. Express your thoughts, feelings, and needs in an honest, straightforward way. [alexa commentary: Sometimes I think I'm the brunette version of Caroline Manzo on the Real Housewives of Cleveland]
10. Carve out lots of time in your schedule for cuddlefests. Cancers are known for being super snuggly buggly. [alexa commentary: All of my friends know this about me, I've been known to pet people on more than one occasion, I can't help it!]
Happy Friday, kids!!