Back in September I wrote a post about my feelings on wearing makeup at work, you also shared your thoughts and I oh so enjoyed reading the comments. Well, piggybacking off that post my friend Hallie, who just so happens to work for the ever fabulous brand that is Saks Fifth Avenue, contacted me about coming into the Saks in Beachwood Place for a "Tour de Beauty".
Sign. Me. Up.
I invited Lzone to attend with me based purely on our traditionally polar opposite makeup at work routines and because she's never had a proper facial... GASP.
Upon our arrival at Saks we were given a tour and I headed to the facial room and Lzone was spoiled with wine and hand massages, more on that later though.
My Tour de Beauty experience began with a La Mer facial. If you're not familiar with the brand you should be, their cremes and products are pure decadence, just like the facial.
|The La Mer product set up for my facial. Pure relaxation, massage, cleansing and moisturizing skin spoiling happened in this room.|
Once my skin was prepped and primed thanks to La Mer I made my way to the 5th Avenue Club for some vino and a walk through of the Bond no. 9 New York line of fragrances. I've been a fan of Bond no. 9 for a very long time with their Nuits de Noho being one of my signature fragrances for years. It was great smelling some of their new perfumes with New York Amber 100% being my next Bond purchase.
Once Lzone was finished with her facial we reconvened for our makeup tutorial and product testing. I've never had my makeup done by a professional, which may surprise some of you, but I'm such a control freak I just like doing everything myself. Well, after my experience with the talented makeup artists at Saks, I'm hear to tell you I have a new appreciation for getting my makeup professionally done.
From the La Metier de Beaute base, the Chanel foundation, blush, eye shadow and lips, to the Dior lash magic we were spoiled rotten. I could get used to it.
Now be prepared for a lot of close-ups of my face.... ha.
|Me post La Mer facial sans any makeup at all + Me mid Chanel beautifying + A selfie once I got home showing off my obsession with the day-to-night Chanel smoky eye + The makeup remnant post remover wipe, bye bye!|
So yes, we were pampered, spoiled, indulged and had such a great time at Saks and we would have been happy with that being our evening but no, there was more. An INSANE goodie bag filled with swanky luxury products lines that now after using for the past few weeks am totally spoiled and want more. I mean, if it's good enough for J-Lo and Jennifer Aniston it's good enough for me.
|Saks bag of fun + Bond no. 9 swag to the max + OMG MY NEW OBSESSION the entire La Prairie Switzerland skincare line, talk about decadence, yowsa! + Le Metier de Beaute + Chanel + Dior, my love Dior|
Just like Master P, I got the hook up, holla if you hear me uuuuuuhhhhhhh.
Well ladies, I'm ready to share this hook up with you because I have a fabulous beauty themed giveaway from Saks Fifth Avenue so you and your girlfriends can have a night or day out just like Lzone and I did.
- Chanel: You and five friends will attend a cosmetics master class at Saks in Beachwood Place featuring Chanel products, wine and cheese.
- Dior: You and five friends will attend a cosmetics master class at Saks in Beachwood Place featuring Dior products, wine and cheese.
- Bond no. 9: You and five friends will attend a cosmetics fragrance journey at Saks in Beachwood Place featuring Bond products, wine and cheese.
- La Mer: You and five friends will attend a cosmetics skin care journey at Saks in Beachwood Place featuring La Mer products, wine and cheese.
- Le Metier de Beaute: You and five friends will attend a cosmetics master class at Saks in Beachwood Place featuring Le Metier de Beaute products, wine and cheese.
- Simply leave a comment on this post telling me which brand experience you're most interest in trying out with your friends.
- Tweet the following " I want to get my own #TourdeBeauty like @clevelandsaplum from @Saks in Beachwood Place http://bitly.com/PDlnEj " - leaving a separate comment telling me you did so. You can do this daily for extra entries.
- Share this giveaway on Facebook, http://bitly.com/PDlnEj , leaving a separate comment telling me you did so.
- Follow @Saks on twitter, leaving a separate comment telling me you did so.
I'll be choosing one grand prize winner that will get the cosmetics line of their choice + Bond no. 9 and three additional winners for the rest. Great odds on this one, such an awesome girl's night out!
Many many many thanks to the fabulous beauty team at Saks including Cosmetics Manager Heidi Davis, Brittany Clark with Chanel, Jessica George with Le Metier de Beaute, Lisa Sloan and Thomas Stinson with Bond, Juli Elliott with La Mer, Elle Gemma with Dior and of course Hallie Bram for putting it all together.
You have until Monday November 12th at 5pm EST to enter the contest and I'll announce the winners the following day.
Good luck, kids!
[Disclosure: I was provided this fabulous evening of beauty and awesome product sample bag courtesy of Saks, no additional compensation was provided and as always opinions are my own.]