Sunday night dinner + CLE Dinner Club .... mmmm, food.

Friday, November 9, 2012

Update #1: I hope I see all your pretty faces at Noodlecat tonight where I'll be hosting Karaoke at the Cat from 9pm to midnight.

Update #2: You have until Monday to enter to win some serious Tour de Beauty experiences from Saks Fifth Avenue in Beachwood Place Mall by commenting on this post. Good luck!

________________________________________________________


While I'm still trying to eat Paleo 90% of the time, I'd say the remaining 10% of my diet I most definitely eat oh so very well.



This past Sunday I hosted an impromptu dinner party with CK and the Driggs'. There was lots of Layer Cake Malbec + spiced pecan, apple and gorgonzola cheese salad (which I totally forgot to take a picture of) + Pioneer Woman braised short ribs and goat cheese polenta + the easiest recipe for pots de creme with Grand Marnier ever.

'Twas a great night with great friends and my lips may or may not have been still a tinge purple when I woke up Monday morning. You'll have that.

Election night, I attended my first CLE Dinner Club event with CK and lots of my favorite social media friends at SOHO Kitchen & Bar where we enjoyed a five course gluten free meal for only $40 - such a steal and SO delicious. I've always been a fan of this southern cuisine restaurant in Ohio City and I'll continue to support them. Good stuff.

 

I mean, that's good food right there. The Camembert cheese wrapped in ham with pecans and bourbon glaze was to die for, as was the cornbread french toast dessert - holy crap it needs to be on the menu ASAP. Glorious.

So yeah, Paleo diet or no Paleo diet I'm still indulging every now and again... or... every weekend, whoops.

Happy Friday, kids. Enjoy your weekend.


10 comments:

  1. Adding the short ribs & goat chese polenta to my rotation. Looks heavenly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you MUST, I've made it twice now and something about the red wine reduction with the shorts ribs, OMG.

      Delete
  2. yummmmm. foooooooooooood. i'm aiming for some christmas ale shortribs at touch tomorrow night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that sounds delicious! make sure to share the recipe!

      Delete
  3. After seeing a sampling of your Sunday meals, I will happily accept any invitation for dinner at your house.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am still dreaming about the wonderful dinner that was last Sunday evening - Matt and I need to return the gesture which may or may not be take out from a fancy restaurant re-plated so as to make it look like I can cook like you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. And now I am so hungry. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. indulging on weekends lost me 65 lbs! long as you watch the rest of the time, you have to allow for some indulgences or you get off track really quick!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How long have you been doing the Paleo diet? Any negatives?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay I'm coming to Cleveland to visit so we can dine out. That stuff looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are cool. This is a fact.