In the last month or so, between all my travels, I've been slowly but surely prepping my townhouse to be put on my market.
|Painting thanks to Paint the USA!|
My initial checklist:
- Exterior painting and sealing - CHECK
- Interior painting and touch-ups - CHECK
- Carpet cleaning - CHECK
- Hire a cleaning service for a good deep cleaning - CHECK
- Plant flowers and mulch - CHECK
- Pick a real estate agent - CHECK
- De-clutter closets - almost a check but not quite done
All in all I'm feeling good, CK and I are trying to figure out our budget, have been browsing listings for our possible next home and are anxiously waiting to finally be under the same roof after 3+ years of dating.
That being said, it could be months till that actually happens. Who knows when my place will sell or when we'll find something we both like to buy.
I also may or may not be secretly hoping it doesn't sell until after summer so I can enjoy my little urban backyard and the Detroit Shoreway neighborhood for as long as possible.
It'll happen when it happens though - wish me luck and let me know if I'm missing anything!
Happy Thursday, kids.